2018 – Project Announcement
Project partners establish project goals, structure and governance
- Project scope and detailed design work begins
- Project consultation process begins to be mapped
- Development of project information and resources
- Contribution Agreements signed between Strathcona Regional District and CityWest
- Funding approved by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), Northern Development Initiative Trust (NDIT) and Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
2020 – Procurement & Contract Award
- Request of Information (RFI) development
- Request for Proposal (RFP) development
- Analysis of proposals
- Negotiations with preferred design-builder
- Contract award
2021 – Network Design, Consultation & Permitting (We are currently here)
- Communication systems
- Geographical layout
- Transmission equipment
- Fibre network
- Consult with area residents, First Nations, local governments and stakeholders to determine needs, opportunities and areas of environmental concern or sensitivities
- Begin development of permits, regulatory reporting and begin environmental reviews and approvals
Construction of approved backbone infrastructure to begin.
Construction will be phased and phases are to be determined once agreement is signed with preferred contractor.
2021-2023 – Points of Connectivity
As construction progresses, points of connectivity will begin to go live in a phased approach.
The first group of communities will be connected in 2021 and the last group of communities are expected to be connected in 2023.
2023 – Project Completion